Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rib tool tip that changed my life

So I've decided to make Saturdays my best ceramic advice I got or gave someone today!

Today I was working with one of my students and they were making work on the wheel and everyone knows that feeling where they get a block sort of like writer's block, well anyways, she was at a moment with her work where she felt there was just one more thing that could add to it but she did not know what and I told her today using your rib tool to shape your work really helps you come up with smooth defined forms. I can not even make pottery very well without my rib tool and it also helps to stabilize and compress your pottery preventing cracks and slumping. Immediately she started to do it and it worked and she's hooked! I got her to sign up for more classes even! Go me!

So my tip of the day is use your rib tool! :D enjoy

Oh and definately keep looking at ceramics daily for cool new tips and ideas that always helps me!

No comments:

Post a Comment